- visitors to our website
- people who inquire about or register for our service
2. The information we collect about you
When you inquire about or register for our service we collect the following personal information from you:
- postal address, email address and telephone number
- type of property you are inquiring about
- whether you have an HMO Licence
- Address and postcode of property to let
- Number of bedrooms of property to let
- Number of receptions of property to let
3. How we will use the information about you
- We gather this information to allow us to provide
the services requested. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct
of your instructions in general. If you agree, we may also contact you about other
products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a
lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract
with you, because
you have consented
to our use of your personal data (e.g.
by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com)
- Market research;
4 . Marketing
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message, and/or post with information, news, and offers on our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
5. Do we share your data?
In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
6. Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor
behaviour information. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other
users of the website which helps us to provide you with a good experience when
you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
- For more information on which cookies we use and how we use them, see our Cookies policy.
7. How we protect your information
- All personal data is processed and stored securely,
for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was
- We have put in place the appropriate security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information.
- We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
8. Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal
information, please send an email to the Data Protection Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. We may make a small charge
for this service.
- We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
9. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce Our
business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Our business. Any personal data that you have provided
will, where it is relevant to any part of Our business that is being
transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly
use that data only for the same purposes for which it was originally collected
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not, however, be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
10. Your consent
- By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
12. How to contact us
13. Links to other websites